compensation: $18-$23 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Pittman’s is a Virginia based corporation established in 1993 that operates throughout the Mid-Atlantic and South Eastern United States. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality Vegetation Management Services available in a manner that promotes safety, environmental sensitivity, and instills pride in our employees, partners, and our industry
The road mechanic’s responsibility is to effectively maintain Pittman’s growing fleet in Virginia. Occasional travel outside of the primary region may be required to support fleet operations.
Mobile Mechanic Job Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the fleet maintenance and repair field with a focus on hydraulics and experience repairing bucket trucks and skid steers. They will be able to work with minimal supervision and communicate throughout the day with the fleet manager to provide updates as needed. Primary duties will be diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining all fleet vehicles in the region. The candidate will posses all the tools necessary to perform the job and maintain an efficient inventory on their service vehicle.
Responsible for working with and assisting the Shop Foreman with the following
• Keep DOT Medical card and CDL License in your possession at all times when driving our vehicle.
• Report any and all accidents while on the job immediately to your supervisor. Maintain documentation as required to include fuel logs, repair orders, parts ordering, and invoice compliance •
All other tasks as assigned, and document hours needed to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
Travel Required – The mobile mechanic’s position requires regular travel between crew locations, and the occasional overnight stay. Employees are responsible for creating and submitting expense reports each week for expenditures incurred during travel.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with the fleet manager and other employees.
• Must be able to lift and carry weights exceeding 50 pounds.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Must have valid DOT • Requires ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
• Be able to maintain a Medical Card.
Pittman is a Virginia based corporation established in 1993 that operates throughout the Mid-Atlantic and South Eastern United States. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality Vegetation Management Services available in a manner that promotes safety, environmental sensitivity, and instills pride in our employees, partners, and our industry. One Company. One Culture. Visit Our Website at: www.pittmansinc.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers