QR Code Link to This Post
Ameri-Force is seeking experienced Marine Welders in Newport News & Portsmouth, VA. Over 30 welders are needed immediately. $21 to $26/hr depending on position. These jobs are filling fast - Apply Today!
Job Responsibilities May Include:
Job Requirements May Include:
- Ability to perform all types of welding using various processes, to include; Oxyacetylene, Metallic Arc, Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding.
- Complete welds on mild steel, carbon steel, cast iron, copper, and their alloys by fusion and adhesion, as well as braze and solder ferrous and non ferrous metals.
- Proficient in the welding of overhead, vertical and flat positions.
- Experienced in Flux core, MIG, and Stick welding
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding
- Set up and operate welding equipment and select proper electrodes according to metals to be joined or as instructed
- Read and understand the Chemist and Competent Persons reports and determine if job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel and hot work
Submit your resume now or call 800-522-8998 to speak with a recruiter and get further details. You can also submit your resume via email by CLICKING HERE - Including your resume can lead to a faster hire! Also include any certifications/badges you hold.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- 3 to 5 years shipyard welding experience
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots/shoes and, when necessary, respirator
- Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the trade
- Knowledge of welding techniques (oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and TIG), tools and equipment
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer - Hablamos Español